Winter Skin Care Tips: 3 Simple Steps
Summer is just around the corner and we all want to lose a few pounds to fit into the perfect outfit or swimsuit. I have listed a few foods with magical fat burning properties to help you with this dreaded task of weigh loss. Just remember – not one food alone can do the job. You have to have a plan and a purpose. Make sure you are eating the proper amount of calories for your body.
Here are a few Tummy Tightening Foods to help get you on the right track to a slimmer summer:
1. Oats with Cinnamon– Oats are a great start to your day. They will help keep you full while the cinnamon has natural thermionic properties which may increase your metabolism. (Love this Skinny Slow Cooker Oats recipe)
2. Grapefruit- Grapefruit helps lower insulin levels which promotes weight loss and fast metabolism.
3. Red Peppers– Peppers contain Capsaicin which can help with burning stubborn fat.
4. Almonds– Almonds are a great source of protein to help keep you full and keep your metabolism kicking. (Skinny Almond Trail Mix here)
5. Salmon-Salmon is loaded with Omega 3 Fatty Acids which is beneficial for fat loss. (Check out ourSkinny Caribbean Jerk Salmon or Skinny Blackened Salmon)
6. Avocado– While avocados are considered a fat, they are a healthy fat. Your body needs healthy fats to use as energy to promote fat burn.
7. Blueberries– While Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, they are also low in sugar and great for a healthy low calorie snack.
8. Green Tea– Natural caffeine can help speed up the metabolism and keep you energized to burn more calories throughout the day.
9. Chicken– Chicken is a great source of lean protein. By placing more protein in your diet you can lower the amount of carbohydrates you take in while promoting weight loss. (Check out our hundreds ofSkinny Chicken Recipes here and on Pinterest.)
10. Sweet Potato– Sweet potatoes are great for keeping your blood sugar levels stable while promoting a better, faster metabolism. (Click here for our Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes)